Re: [amibroker] Re: help with this AFL needed -- Chaiken Money flow indicator request

On Sun, May 3, 2009 at 12:12 PM, danielwardadams <danielwardadams@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I see there is supposed to be a Chaiken Money Flow indicator in some Library. Can somebody tell me which library because I can't find it in either Yahoo Groups Files or in the AFL Library reachable from the Amibroker home page ???

Also, assuming I can find it, does anybody know if the referenced division by zero problem has been fixed in the version in the library?

Finally, I submitted a request that this indicator be included as a standard Amibroker indicator in Feb. 2007 and it has been in the suggestion list with no status given since that time. Any idea when we might see it?

Since I'm on a roll I've had two other feature requests in the past few years and both have evidently gone "dormant". My Equivolume request is in the suggestion list but was evidently turned down with no reason given. My other request (first raised in 2006) had to do with having the backtester accomodate people trading in IRAs in the U.S. since there is a three day settlement time before the money from a sale can be traded again. Tomasz indicated a long time ago this was on the to-do list but I see no reference to it by searching the suggestion list for "IRA". Although I can't find it in the suggestion list, I think the most recent mention of it by Tomasz is in the following year-old post: http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/message/121109

I see there has been a lot of discussion about T+3 settlement times and how they don't apply at certain brokers but I don't think anything was ever definitively decided for IRA accounts. I have a (non-IRA) margin account at IB and several IRA accounts at Schwab (and other places in the past) but I've never been able to get around T+3 in IRAs. As a result, it's pretty useless for me to use the backtester for these types of accounts (unless I divide my expectations by 3 or something similar equally crude).

Dan

Thanks,
Dan

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****