[amibroker] Re: Simple Question

Very interesting problem.

First, it appears that your code is not quite right. It would appear that Status("lastvisiblebar") will actually give you the index of the last bar *including* blank bar padding to the right of the chart.

So, check your charting preference settings for "Blank bars in right margin" (via Tools | Preferences... | Charting). Following your logic, you would need to subtract that many bars from the result of Status("lastvisiblebar").

e.g.
lbr = Status("lastvisiblebar") - 10;

However, I believe that a recent beta has added the ability to stretch the right padding even more, so this approach is probably not going to work in more recent versions than mine (5.20). A more reliable way would be to take the lesser of the Status result and BarCount - 1.

e.g.
lbr = min(Status("lastvisiblebar"), BarCount - 1);

Second, it appears that when running the syntax verify, Status("lastvisiblebar") returns -1. Presumably this is because the code is not being run in the context of the chart. However, if you simply save the changes, your chart will correctly update to reflect your code.

Mike

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/