[amibroker] Re: Simulating the Leveraged ETFs

Grant,

I found your idea interesting so I did a little bit more.

> 1) make separate arrays for ROC(X,1) where X = O,H,L,C,Ave etc (as >required)
>
> factorO = ROC(O,1);//as GrowthFactor e.g. 2% = 1.02, -2% = 0.98
> etc

I missed a couple of steps out ... you probably figured that already but just in case here is an excel file that demos the logic ... I show two methods to produce a simulated leveraged price series from a base price series; log/antilog and relativeGeometricMean.

Scroll down to section 2 Miscellaneous Files >> LeveragedPriceSeries.xls

http://zboard.wordpress.com/downloads/

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/