[amibroker] Re: virtual trades (not IB paper account)

Tomasz,
Thanks for your response.

I'll take this as a no, and that is ok. Not every package can do everything. Certainly AB excels in a lot of areas and that is why I am migrating many tasks over. However, the usefulness of a feature like this is it becomes possible to quantify WHEN best to shutdown a system through testing different shutdown (easy) and restart (not possible w/o virtual trades) triggers.  There are a lot of other very interesting ways of using this as well when it comes to creating adaptive techniques but that is neither here nor there.

If you ever have any interest in introducing something like this to AB, I would, for one, welcome it.  VirtualBuy and VirtualSell.  The results would be accessible through their own backtester objects, bo.GetVirtualPerformanceStats(0), etc.

Thanks.

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/