Re: [amibroker] What is a good system for catching stocks catching a breath ?

Title: Re: [amibroker] What is a good system for catching stocks catching a breath ?

You can often find candidates by analyzing the price chart as you would an equity curved produced by a trading system. When you perform individual Buy-Hold Backtests on the tickers in your Watchlist you will get a report that gives you many stats you can use to select stocks. This works often better than complex indicator based analysis. Just click on any header, for example UPI, to bring the best ticker to the top. Try the BH-system shown below. Clicking on UPI brings BIDU to the top as a good Long performer. To find a stagnated price chart you would use a short range (10 Bars?) and sort, for example, by Standard Error...

Short = Cover = 0;

Buy = Status( "firstbarintest" );

Sell = Status( "lastbarintest" );

BarInRange = Status("BarInRange");

SetTradeDelays( 0, 0, 0, 0 );

PositionSize = -100;

ApplyStop( 0, 0, 0, 0 );

ApplyStop( 1, 0, 0, 0 );

ApplyStop( 2, 0, 0, 0 );

Plot( C, "", 1, 128 );

Plot(  BarInRange, "", 7, styleArea | styleOwnScale|styleNoLabel, 0, 50 );

Good luck,

herman