[amibroker] Re: Would Appreciate Help!

Hi Ernie,

Have you looked at my PeakTrough examples at the ZBoard ... I think you will find they are a good starting point?

- you need to settle on a definition of a Peak or Trough
- you need to decide which data point, per bar, that you will evaluate
- for accurate reporting of Pk/Tr you need to account for equal highs or lows
- optionally you can evaluate for Major Peaks or Troughs

I have given examples of all of the above there.

For your own use:

- if you really need lookback versions, and you like my examples as a starting template, then you can recode them for your purpose quite easily.

- if you want to quantify Peak or Trough values first you need to define the PK/TR and then use Valuewhen(Peak ==1, Close,1)/Valuewhen(Peak ==1, Close,2) (or similar) to give you a ROC type answer (I have done this successfully, in the past, without the need for loops).

If you are interested, have a go ... if you get stuck post your progress code ... if I am around I will help or maybe add an example of ROC(Peaks) to the Zboard.

In some circumstances you can also simplify the code .. anything that works over a reasonable test period is fine.

I call Peaks and Troughs Pivot Points .... note that there are other versions of Pivots and Peaks around but I don't have anything to say about them.

http://zboard.wordpress.com/2009/02/20/189/

Brian.

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/