RE: [amibroker] Transfer Setting

Hello,

Below is long thread on 1/7/09, Hope this helps.

Jerry Gress
Stockton, Ca.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Hello,

If you copied all files and the registry it should be fine.
(Broker.exe-CommandBars51 file stores custom button graphics)

It is important to understand that:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TJP

is DYNAMIC key (i.e. it depends on currently logged on user) If you mix up
users you will have problems. For example if you import on Admin account and
log onto some other user account you will not see what you expect because
HKEY_CURRENT_USER is SEPARATE and independent for each user on Windows
(admin and other user do NOT share this)

Error 47 is the exception - you would need to send the full report (uncheck
Tools->Preferences->AFL->Catch system exceptions in indicators and
commentaries)

Also to the previous poster:
you should NOT touch (i.e. modify) registry entries via RegEdit. That is
specifically the case for binary entries.
If you modify ANY binary registry entry you are likely to generate crash
because you will corrupt entries by not knowing the format of binary entry.

The only allowed operations on AB registry binary entries are:
- deletion
- import/export

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko