[amibroker] Re: buy limit order

Hi Mike, very clear-cut as usual.

I post here a slight enhancement as reference supporting Long/Short orders as well as PriceLimit optimization (if PriceLimit == 0 trade at next day Open - MOO orders). Positions are closed at next day open...hopefully it can help others.

Thanks for your help,

paolo

//////////////////////////////////////

PriceLimit = Optimize("% Price Limit", 1, 0, 5, 0.25);

BuyCond = ...my buy trigger;
Sell = ...my sell trigger;
ShortCond = ...my short trigger;
Cover = ...my cover trigger;

BuyLimit = Ref(C, -1) * (1 - PriceLimit/100);
ShortLimit = Ref(C, -1) * (1 + PriceLimit/100);

Buy = Ref(BuyCond, -1) AND IIf(PriceLimit==0, 1, Low < BuyLimit);
Short = Ref(ShortCond, -1) AND IIf(PriceLimit==0, 1, High > ShortLimit);

BuyPrice = IIf(PriceLimit==0, Open, Min(Open, BuyLimit));
SellPrice = Open;
ShortPrice = IIf(PriceLimit==0, Open, Max(Open, ShortLimit));
CoverPrice = Open;

SetTradeDelays(0,1,0,1);

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/