From: "rem_yah" <rem_yah@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, April 05, 2009 3:08 AM
Subject: [amibroker] Are Trailing Stops & Stop Profit instructions giving reliable results ?

Hi,

Are Trailing Stops and Stop Profit instructions in AmiBroker giving
reliable results ?

I created a simple code ( see the AFL code below), but
when I back-test it, I obtain a lot of ApplyStop  (stopTypeTrailing &
stopTypeProfit)  false
signals, as shown on the picture  ( a false stopTypeTrailing on the left
and a false stopTypeProfit on the right)
http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/7419/e007.gif

My settings to this strategy ( I have marked ON) :
Activate stops immediately, Reverse entry signal forces exit, Allow same
bar exit.

Can somebody check it and confirm or deny my observations  ?

Regards
Rem

PositionSize = MarginDeposit = 1;

ApplyStop(stopTypeTrailing, stopModePoint, TickSize *
Param("stopTypeTrailing", 30, 2, 100, 1 ), 1 );
ApplyStop(stopTypeProfit, stopModePoint, TickSize *
Param("stopTypeProfit", 10, 2, 100, 1 ), 1 );

bottomLevel = Open - 10*TickSize; // = Buy level
Buy = bottomLevel >= Low ;
BuyPrice = bottomLevel ;

topLevel = Open + 10*TickSize; // = Short level
Short = topLevel <= High ;
ShortPrice = topLevel ;
Cover= Buy ;
Sell= Short ;

CoverPrice= IIf( bottomLevel >= Low, BuyPrice, Close);
SellPrice= IIf(topLevel <= High, ShortPrice, Close);

Plot(topLevel, "topLevel", colorRed);
Plot(bottomLevel, "bottomLevel", colorGreen);

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/