[amibroker] Re: STREXTRACT only works on comma separated lists??

Conrad,

It should be clear by now that AFL works as designed, and while the design may be debatable in comparison to many other languages, once  speed, trading usage and charting are taken into account, the idiosyncrasies and limitations of the language are something many people have chosen to live with, for lack of a better alternative, and I haven't found any that come close.

I find myself in the same boat as yourself sometimes, and over the years through combing this forum for advice from many others, I've found some AFL tricks and hacks that can resolve many of the problems that appear at first glance to just "not work" in this language/platform.

That being said, I agree it would help greatly if some additional features were included in the Amibroker platform and AFL language, but in the meantime pending the release of such features, I've had to resort to pre or post-processing data in some C derivative language, R, regex, or C++ plug-in before importing into AB for analysis, because when faced with the decision of racking my brains to come up with some hack that fits within the bounds of Amibroker and AFL, for me personally it is sometimes easier to just do it in the language in which it seems natural (and probably more familiar), and allow Amibroker+AFL to do the trading analysis which it does best.

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/