Re: [amibroker] Re: AFL 101

Lloyd,

I have a terrible confession to make.  After several years, I have not
learned half of AmiBroker's capabilities.  Perhaps not even one
quarter.  I have only learned the part that I needed to learn to
accomplish my own narrowly defined trading vision.  My understanding
of AFL has increased bit by bit as I desired to accomplish things that
were not even originally intended by the developer.

If you know what you want to accomplish in your trading plan, then you
can build up what you need to know to do that --piece by piece over
time.

If you have no idea what you want to do, then of course you need to
figure that out first by reading about others work and experimenting
with ideas.

Don't worry if you don't understand when someone is speaking about
calculus when you are still studying algebra.  You have to build your
understanding from the basics first.  Just like many things, it all
seems like Greek, then suddenly the light dawns and it all makes sense.

If you ask about specific things you don't understand, many on this
list are eager to help.

Best regards,
Dennis

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****