Re: [amibroker] Re: AFL 101

Title: Re: [amibroker] Re: AFL 101

Lloyd,

don't give up so quickly :-)

In addition to basic users who do hardly any afl programming this list has many users who have been programming afl for years, some are professional programmers, some even sell their own software or services. Their comments are often way above the comprehension of the average user. The biggest problem is that these pros think they are explaining things so that everyone can understand it; they make it sound like what they are doing is what everyone is doing. not so.

I have been using afl for many years and I still often don't know what they are talking about, especially so when they mix in some other computer languages.

You have to decide what you need. No one on this list knows it all; we all learn what we need to know to do the job. You'll find that, after awhile, you know where to look for information, who to ask questions, how to use support, what resources there are, etc. When you reach that point you will be pleased to find out that AmiBroker has enough "reserves" to let you stick with the product - no matter how complex your project becomes. You won't out-grow this product!

Best regards,

herman