Re: [amibroker] Re: Ending a FOR statement after only so many loops ?

I don't think Conrad "changed the premise of the question".
Perhaps you didn't ask your real question in the first place?

gmorlosky wrote:

True, thanks, but you changed the premise of the question, so that does not answer my question.

Asking again, differently, What if the FOR statement was the following, how would you stop it after 4 loops ?

for( i = 7; CategoryGetName( categoryWatchlist, i )!= ""; i++ )

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com, "conrad_faber" <cfaber@xxx> wrote:

> If I understand you correctly:
>
> for( i = 1; i < 5; i++ ) // loops for i=1,2,3,4 only
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com, "gmorlosky" <gmorlosky@> wrote:
> >
> > I have a simple FOR statement and want it to only loop a few times and then stop. Typically the FOR statement loops until the condition is false, but that's not what I need.
> >
> > So how would I tell this example loop to stop after 4 loops ?
> >
> > myema[ 0 ] = Close[ 0 ];
> > for( i = 1; i < BarCount; i++ )
> > {
> > myema[ i ] = 0.1 * Close[ i ] + 0.9 * myema[ i - 1 ];
> > }
> > This

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/