[amibroker] Re: Creating a datafeed and Autotrading plugin for MBTrading

Thanks for that link. I found some sample code for trading through a chart and sending the orders to IB. I think I'll open an account with IB and see how the plugin works, and how effective the chart-based trading is. I might just stick with IB since it's less work for me and I don't plan on trading FX right now. I am more interested in some of the ETFs that seem to be getting a lot of action lately.

In case you are interested, here are some sample code I found for mouse-based order entry:

AmiBroker Users' Knowledge Base » Setting prices with your cursor
Visi-Trade
FX Visual Position Sizer

This one is not for order entry, but it involves mouse events and just sounds really cool:

Heatmap

Thanks,
Chris

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "ozzyapeman" <zoopfree@xxx> wrote:

> Info on the AB plugin for IB can be found here:
>
> http://www.amibroker.com/at/
>
> I don't think it allows you to buy based chart clicking. At least I don't use it that way. I only use it for algorithmic trading.
>
> I would strongly recommend to emulate the IBC controller, down to all the individual methods and commands, if possible, when making the new plugin for MB Trading. That way, everyone who currently autotrades thru IB, can seamlessly switch over to MB, should they desire.
>
> In an ideal universe, one would simply have to replace "ibc." with "mb." throughout one's code.
>
> Of course I realize the universe can sometimes be less than ideal. ;-)
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "ganamide" ganamide@ wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for letting me know about the potential problem with IB forex. It's hard to keep up with all the changes these days.
> >
> > Can you tell me if the IB trading plugin in AB supports real-time trade execution by clicking on a chart or quote in AB? I thought I saw some AFL or _javascript_ to do this in AB, but I can't seem to find it.
> >
> > Since I don't have experience with the IB plugin, you might want to let me know what features you would want for a MBT plugin.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Chris
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "ozzyapeman" <zoopfree@> wrote:
> > >
> > > I am very interested in MB Trading, even though I currently autotrade with IB.
> > >
> > > Here is the main reason: FINRA, the regulatory agency that regulates IB on Forex, recently has proposed a rule change to reduce leverage on Forex down to a measly 1.5:1! IB currently allows leverage of 20-40:1 and some other brokers allow as much as 400:1.
> > >
> > > This rule, if it goes forward, would effectively kill all the retail Forex brokers under FINRA.
> > >
> > > MB Trading, on the other hand, has their Forex business regulated under NFA, and only some of their other products come under FINRA. So at least on Forex, MB Trading would not be subject to any draconian leverage rule. Rumor has it that NFA might implement a 25:1 leverage rule, but that is far better than 1.5:1.
> > >
> > > Even if the FINRA rule does not go through for a while, I still like the idea of spreading my money across 2-3 brokers. While IB does have a pretty solid rep, I just don't trust *any* self-assessed statements of financial stability coming out of any Wall St. firm these days. Wonder why. ;-)
> > >
> > > So put me down as very interested in developing AutoTrading code to connect AB to MB.
> > >
> > > More info on the FINRA proposal here:
> > >
> > > http://www.finra.org/Industry/Regulation/Notices/2009/P117744
> > >
> > > Btw, I sent some emails to IB asking if they have a contingency plan on this FINRA issue. While share any info once they respond.

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/