Re: [amibroker] Re: Is it possible to refer to more than one instrument on a single chart?

Conrad,

To give you another tip :

The advice that changed my AFL understanding and my poor programmer's
life comes from Steve Dugas. I am not a programmer :(
As I can't retrieve the Yahoo's topic ( the server is always busy), I
give you a copy.
To put in good place into your AFL bible...

You will see perfectly what your logic does.

This may help you.

Best regards

***************

Title : Plotting to see what the array looks like.

Why not plot it to see what the array looks like?

I always found that plotting the whole arrays, starting
with the first arrays in the code and then continuing with the later
arrrays until I located the problem, helped me to see what was happening
better than using DebugView or Trace. It is a pretty simple technique
but very effective, maybe it would make a good little "Debugging Your
Code" lesson in the Users Guide. 8 - )

Steve Dugas

*********************

//test newday

NewDay1 = Day() != Ref(Day(), 1);
NewDay2 = DateNum() != Ref(DateNum(),-1);

_TRACE("NewDay = "+NewDay1 );
_TRACE("Day1 = "+Day() );
_TRACE("RefDay1 = "+Ref(Day(), -1) );

_TRACE("NewDay2 = "+NewDay2 );
_TRACE("Day2 = "+Day() );
_TRACE("RefDay2 = "+Ref(Day(), -1) );

Plot( Day(), "Day1", colorRed, styleDashed|styleThick);
Plot( Ref( Day(), -1 ), "RefDay1", colorYellow, styleDashed|styleThick);

Plot( Day(), "Day2", colorBlue, styleLine );
Plot( Ref( Day(), -1 ), "RefDay2", colorWhite, styleLine );

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/