[amibroker] Re: One thing I think AmiBroker would be improved from is anti-aliased chart lines

Well I'm sure you'll make a measured decision that is best for the future of the product. I would make one other point. Although Avalon is HW accelerated, I believe Microsoft has admitted that it was not intended to be used as a low level drawing or rendering API. Since you have low level APIs exposed from AFL I think OpenGL would be the most natural fit.

You could simply take an off screen surface, render the current algorithms that you use, and then run a smoothing filter on the entire image. That is a brute force way, and surely there are probably more efficient ways, although that way would probably be handled in HW without any significant cost.

If you need a beta tester for that when you get to that point or if you want to get feedback on GFX ideas, let me know. I was a gfx dev earlier in my career.

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/