[amibroker] Re: Futures intraday historic data w/ IB TWS

AB truncates data that is larger than your database settings. It is lost. The default number of bars is too small and most of us wonder why our data keeps getting lost. You know it was there and poof its gone.

If you are collecting 1 minute data change your File > Database settings to 250,000 or 500,000 bars. That will allow you to save 2 or 4 years of years of data, which you will need for back testing and such.

IB backfill sucks. If you have many symbols it will stop back filling for a while, 5 or 10 minutes, and you will have to continually accept the trading data. The 180 day back fill barely works but I have trouble during normal trading  hours and I can't get it to back fill more than one symbol at a time.

Barry

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/