[amibroker] Testing for new bar using string manipulation and quotation time

Hello, hoping someone can help out with this string conversion problem.

In live trading, I am pulling quotation time using TimeNum(), and want to test for the start of a new bar. So my thinking is to simply convert the time to a number, extract the last two characters, convert back to a number and see if it equals 0. If so, that means the last two digits in the quotation time are "00" and hence we are at the start of a new bar.

However, the sample code below is always thinking we have a new bar whether the time is, for e.g.  :

10:37:31   or
10:37:00

 Obviously, only the second time should trip the 'new bar' print. But instead, both do:

barTime       = 103731;  // we would normally use TimeNum() here, but using a number for example

barTimeStr    =
NumToStr(barTime);

NewBarSeconds =
StrToNum ( StrRight(barTimeStr, 2) );

printf("NewBarSeconds = " + NewBarSeconds);

if (NewBarSeconds == 0)

printf("    We have a new bar");

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/