[amibroker] Re: intraday charts

I too am looking for an answer to why my intraday charts in AB are not updating when using QuoteTracker with TDAmeritrade data feed. The real time quotes update, but the charts in AB don't.

Your post offers a hint when combined with the following information from AB website that seems to indicate the limitation of using QuoteTracker for real time datafeed:

"CAVEAT: QuoteTracker plugin provides only subset of features available by true real-time feed as eSignal, IQFeed, myTrack, Quote.com that offer very reliable, long back-fills and true tick-by-tick updates.

QuoteTracker plugin currently works in TWO modes:

    * daily mode - plugin adds and updates the last (todays) bar with the most recent quotes in nearly real time- it means that you have to use it in conjunction with already existing end-of-day database.
    * intraday mode - plugin provides one day intraday historical data - more days can be accumulated if AmiBroker with QT is launched everyday so AmiBroker can save histories to its local database."

From this information it is now clear why the AB user guide describes this data source as the "poor man's" real time datafeed.

It would be interesting to know if this limitation is imposed by QT, or if we can enhance the QT plugin for AB to make it more useful as a real-time data feed. Can you respond to this Tomek? I might try my hand at updating the QT plugin source included with the ADK if this is possible.

Thanks,
Chris

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "ianjw2" <ianwest2@xxx> wrote:

> I have an unadjusted ASX database created from EOD downloads from my
> broker. I use it to collect intraday data through Quote Tracker and this
> allows me to see the current day [ last bar] in real time.
>
> However, the bar is restricted to showing the current Highs and Lows.
> To see intraday detail I have to switch to the QT charts. This
> excludes me from using an Exploration in AB.
>
> The present database settings setup has the "Time base interval" set
> as End-Of-Day.
>
> When I change it to "1 minute", the chart changes to a single day,
> but only very old data. The current day is not there.
>
> If I knew how, I would attache a couple of screen shots.
>
> I am using current versions of Amibroker and Quote Tracker[registered].
>
> If some kind soul out there has a suggestion or two to point me in the
> right direction I would be eternally grateful.

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/