Re: [amibroker] Incorrect rounding in Amibroker

Hello,

The rounding is correct and actually, it is not rounding at all it is just formatting
of floating point number. So it is for "display only". The underlying numbers
remain the same regardless of how many digits you display.
As to number formatting is entirely done by C runtime library (MSVCRT.DLL), made by Microsoft
and used in almost every Windows application.
Read about sprintf there:

There are different methods of rounding (always up, always down, unbiased)

The way printf and sprintf functions do rounding will often depend upon the
system's C `sprintf' subroutine.
On many OSes including Windows, `sprintf' rounding
 is "unbiased," which means it doesn't always round a trailing `.5' up,
 contrary to naive expectations.  In unbiased rounding, `.5' rounds to
 even, rather than always up, so 1.5 rounds to 2 but 4.5 rounds to 4.
 The result is that if you are using a format that does rounding (e.g.,
 `"%.0f"') you should check what your system does.

If you need "always up" rounding use
floor( value + 0.5 );

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko