[amibroker] Amibroker Ticker/Symbol Notes

[I thought I would post this here first before creating a suggestion at the Feedback Center]

There is a Notes folder within the Amibroker directory that stores all of the ticker or symbol related notes.

I would like each database to have it's own Notes folder.  The default setting would be to point to the existing Notes folder for those who want to continue with existing functionality (to share notes across many databases).

This could be implemented by providing the ability to have Amibroker point to a directory just like we can point to where the Include files are stored.

The reason I would like this functionality is that I found it cumbersome to copy my database to my laptop and then make another copy of the Notes folder.  I would then take my laptop out of the den and either sit downstairs or outside (connected via wireless LAN) and review my charts, annotate some, create notes on others, etc.  Then I would have to copy this DB and Notes folders back to my trading PC.

So I got the bright idea that since I was connected via a wireless LAN I would just put the DB on a shared folder.  All of it works except for one part.  The Notes are not shared as they are a part of the AB sub directory and are not a part of the DB directory.  AB on my laptop only points (and uses) the Notes folder in it's local structure and to no where else.

I believe an added benefit to putting the Notes folder as a sub to the database folder is that it would be easy to copy, share, backup all DB related items.

Regards,
Dave

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/