[amibroker] Re: OT: Computer recommendation for AB optimizing

Consider the following code and assume the fitness for mode 2 is much
worse than the fitness for modes 1 and 3. This will make it hard for the
optimizer to cross the bridge between 1 and 3.  What techniques would
help to optimize this kind of system?

posSizeAlgorithmMode  = Optimize("posSizeAlgorithmMode",  1, 1, 3, 1);
posScoreAlgorithmMode = Optimize("posScoreAlgorithmMode",  1, 1, 3, 1);

Buy = ...
Sell = ...

if (posSizeAlgorithmMode == 1)
   PositionSize = PosSizeAlgorithm1();
else if (posSizeAlgorithmMode == 2)
   PositionSize = PosSizeAlgorithm2();
else
   PositionSize = PosSizeAlgorithm3();

if (posScoreAlgorithmMode == 1)
   PositionScore = PosScoreAlgorithm1();
else if (posScoreAlgorithmMode == 2)
   PositionScore = PosScoreAlgorithm2();
else
   PositionScore = PosScoreAlgorithm3();

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, dingo <waledingo@xxx> wrote:

> IMHO - you should do everything you can to be able to run IO. There
are ways
> to make discontinuous variables continuous for optimizations.  Mind
posting
> an example of yours?

> On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 9:33 AM, dingo dingo@xxx wrote:
>
> > Intel dual core i7 with fast clock - AB only uses 1 core. 3gig mem.
Intel

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/