[amibroker] Re: Events in AB/AFL - use of www.Amibroker.com/feedback

"I would be happy to create a condition that forces an immediaterefresh of my chart after it exits.  What kinds of events could I makehappen just before I exit my chart AFL that would force an immediaterefresh?"

_TRACE( " " );
_TRACE( "START" );

Plot( C, "C", colorDefault );

if ( NOT Nz( StaticVarGet( "_oneshot" ) ) )
{
    _TRACE( "  Normal execution" );
    _TRACE( "  SENDKEYS");
    StaticVarSet( "_oneshot", True );
    WSHShell = CreateObject( "WScript.Shell" );
    WSHShell.AppActivate( "AmiBroker" );
    WSHShell.Sendkeys( "{F5}" );
}
else
{
    _TRACE( "  Refresh" );
    StaticVarSet( "_oneshot", False );
}

_TRACE( "END" );

I have experimented and notice that my DLL which pokes the --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Dennis Brown <see3d@xxx> wrote:

> Herman,
>
> Your solution is clever, but does not apply to me. I already have
> realtime event handling in my general includes for my chart -- and I
> really only have one realtime chart that I use, so that is not my
> problem.
>
> However, your other statement is interesting:
>
> "You could also write a DLL to deal with non-price events. You could
> probably force a refresh by simulating some event that refreshes afl."
>
> I would be happy to create a condition that forces an immediate
> refresh of my chart after it exits. What kinds of events could I make
> happen just before I exit my chart AFL that would force an immediate
> refresh?
>
> I have experimented and notice that my DLL which pokes the Reset all
> button and that does cause a refresh of the chart, so one down.
> Clicking on the chart via DLL might cause a refresh (or other side
> effects), or maybe not since it is still in the AFL when the click
> happens. Is there some foolproof way to do this that you have
> discovered?
>
> To give you the idea, here is the comments from my sequencer to change
> parameter sets when selecting a new timeframe or named set in Flexible
> Parameters.
>
> // make a sequence to close all menus, switch sets, then restore menus
> again and the timeframe setting in prefs
> // Pass 1: New set or symbol detected, Close all menus (Internal
> variables switched, but not the Params window ones)
> // Pass 1.5: DLL clicks the Reset all button
> // if we have a pending reset at this point, the params window must
> not be open, so skip all the rest
> // Pass 2: Close all menus and recompile(clear) the Params window params
> // Pass 3: Hold all menus closed in case the UI did not get the Reset
> all yet
> // Pass 3.5: DLL clicks the Reset all button
> // Pass 4: Recompile the Params window params to sync Params window to
> new internal params
> //
> // Since this can be slow, we also speed up the processing by reducing
> the number of bars processed in loops
>
> And while I am discussing this sequence, it sure would be nice to have
> a status that says the current AFL pass is compiling the parameters.
> Then I could close the loop and make sure my request to reset all
> parameters was indeed done on the next pass. I am always worried that
> there is some condition that will cause it to not happen. Right now,
> I am giving it two passes just to make sure, since it sometimes failed
> with just one pass. Another slow down.
>
> BR,
> Dennis
>

> On Mar 9, 2009, at 4:35 PM, Herman wrote:
>
> > You could use the common include (put it in all your formulas) i
> > mentioned in the other email. It would execute the second you exit a
> > formula, and execute whatever you need before entering the next
> [...]

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/