Sent: Monday, March 09, 2009 5:11 PM
Subject: [amibroker] Re:FT Monitor/AB Conference

Wow! You don't have a conference and you get more conversation about it than if you do have one.

Seriously, Thank you to everyone who made comments about the conference, and especially to Tomasz, Bruce Robinson and Howard Bandy. Also to Bill Barack who did not contribute to this discussion.

All of these people and many more contributed greatly to the past successes of the conferences, and I am deeply in debt to them.

Tomasz spent a lot of time coming over to the states to meet us, and hopefully it paid off with the ideas we gave him, pages and pages of them. More important, it was wonderful getting to know him and his wife.

Bruce, Bill and Howard all contributed heavily to many years of the conferences and to many articles in the issues of the Monitor, and their efforts are greatly appreciated.

Every once in a while, I think of the great people I have met over the years, and wish we could all get together again. When you are having a conference you think it will never end, but all things do.

Bruce hit the nail on the head as to why there is no conference this year. It is a business and it just wasn't making enough money. The hotels were getting more and more difficult to work with, the expenses were climbing, and the attendance was dropping. It just became not worth the risk to work for 6 months and not have much to show for it.

On the other hand, would I do it every year if I could? You bet, I loved it! Will I have another one next year, probably not. It takes 6 months to a year to get it going. Will one happen the following year, possibly, But I will have to start next February to do it.

And to those of you who want to do one, if you want to talk about it, just email me.

Be good and best wishes to all

Richard Boroff

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/