Re: [amibroker] Re: How to control delaying "some" new buys?

hi,

I can only suggest a way by writing your own stopcode, so it is a bit complicated maybe. I would not know how to do this using Applystop, you might be able to solve it using the ReEntryDelay parameter but I wouldn't know how.

What you need to do is trick the backtester to sell when an actual sell signal occurs, so at the cross defined by sell = cross(ma(c,50),c) but use the sell price that follows from the 5% stop. This way the backtester will think it still owns the stock while in reality you already sold at the stop price. You will have to set SetOption("PriceBoundChecking", False);

I wrote the code see below. Also a chart is added. In the chart you see a buy above the green arrow. Three bars later the stop is hit and the stock is sold at the price of the yellow circle. However, the actuall sell defined by the cross occurs more than 4 months later. This is where you tell the backtester it is sold. So the backtester thinks it is sold 4 months later for the price shown at the stopline (or yellow circle).

Now lets hope I didn't misunderstood your question :)

rgds, Ed

p.s. didn't do a backtest check.

procedure sell_proc(Buy,Sell,stopPercentage)
{

global
BuyAdjusted;
global
BuyPriceAdjusted;
global
SellAdjusted;
global
SellPriceAdjusted;
global
longStopArray;
global
SellHelp;
global
SellPriceHelp;

BuyAdjusted =
0
;
BuyPriceAdjusted =
0
;
SellAdjusted =
0
;
SellPriceAdjusted =
0
;
longStopArray =
Null
;
SellPriceHelp =
0
;
SellHelp =
0
;

delay =
1
;
slip =
0.0
;

for( i = 1; i < BarCount
; i++ )
{

if ( Buy
[ i ])
   {

      BuyAdjusted[ i ] =
1
;
      BuyPriceAdjusted[ i ] =
BuyPrice
[ i ] + slip;
      longStopArray[ i ] = BuyPriceAdjusted[ i ] - BuyPriceAdjusted[ i ]/
100
*stopPercentage;
      flag =
0
;

for (j = i + delay; j < BarCount
; j++)
      {

         longStopArray[ j ] = longStopArray[ i ];

if (L[ j ] < longStopArray[ j ] AND flag == 0
)
         {

            flag =
1
;
            sellPriceHelpVar =
Min(O
[ j ],longStopArray[ j ]);
            SellPriceHelp[ j ] =
Min(O
[ j ],longStopArray[ j ]);
            SellHelp[ j ] =
1
;

         }

else if (Sell[ j ] AND flag == 0
)
         {

            SellAdjusted[ j ] =
1
;
            SellPriceAdjusted[ j ] =
SellPrice
[ j ] - slip;
            i = j;

break
;

         }

else if (Sell[ j ] AND flag == 1
)
         {

            SellAdjusted[ j ] =
1
;
            SellPriceAdjusted[ j ] = sellPriceHelpVar - slip;
            i = j;

break
;

         }

else if (j == BarCount - 1
)
         {

            i =
BarCount
;

         }
      }
   }

}

}

SetOption("PriceBoundChecking", False
);
SetBarsRequired(10000,10000
);
SetOption("MaxOpenPositions", 3
);
SetTradeDelays(0,0,0,0
);
PositionSize = -100/3
;
Buy = Cross(C,MA(C,200)); Buy = Ref(Buy,-1); BuyPrice = O
;
Sell = Cross(MA(C,50),C); Sell = Ref(Sell,-1); SellPrice = O
;

stopPercentage =
5
;
sell_proc(
Buy,Sell
,stopPercentage);

Buy
= BuyAdjusted;
BuyPrice
= BuyPriceAdjusted;
Sell
= SellAdjusted;
SellPrice
= SellPriceAdjusted;

SetChartOptions(0, chartShowDates
);
Plot(C,"Last=",colorBlack,64
);

PlotShapes(IIf(Buy,shapeUpArrow,shapeNone),colorGreen,0,L,-15
);
PlotShapes(IIf(Buy,shapeHollowUpArrow,shapeNone),colorWhite,0,L,-15
);
PlotShapes(IIf(Buy,shapeSmallCircle,shapeNone),colorWhite,0,BuyPrice,0
);

PlotShapes(IIf(Sell,shapeDownArrow,shapeNone),colorRed,0,H,-15
);
PlotShapes(IIf(Sell,shapeHollowDownArrow,shapeNone),colorWhite,0,H,-15
);
PlotShapes(IIf(Sell,shapeSmallCircle,shapeNone),colorWhite,0,SellPrice,0
);

PlotShapes(IIf(SellHelp,shapeSmallDownTriangle,shapeNone),colorRed,0,H,-15
);
PlotShapes(IIf(SellHelp,shapeHollowSmallDownTriangle,shapeNone),colorWhite,0,H,-15
);
PlotShapes(IIf(SellHelp,shapeCircle,shapeNone),colorYellow,0,SellPriceHelp,0
);

Plot(LongStopArray,"longStopArray",colorWhite,1
);
Plot(MA(C,200),"MA(C,200)",colorYellow,1
);
Plot(MA(C,50),"MA(C,50)",colorAqua,1);