[amibroker] Re: AmiBroker 5.24.0 BETA released .Static array variables implemented!

>The only use of "nosync" option would be storing data that is >unrelated to time.

> File-based persistency is available from AFL level by means of >AddToComposite.

Not for the 'nosync' data..... since ATC is time relative why would I use it to store data that is unrelated to time?

Inbuilt persistency of 'nosync' arrays would be a quick and easy way to value add what is not there already.

No need for middle of the road users to go to the Osaka plugin etc then.

I have barely heard of the Osaka plugin ... is it AB supported?
I am a computer layperson and not keen to install plugins from third party 'free' and unsupported sites ...especially if the owner is no longer around.

I thought I heard about problems with the Osaka plugin ... it is getting old isn't it?

There's a lot of overhead in an SQL database if users are only keeping a handful of 'nosync' arrays per database.

The most common way I have seen people store persistent arrays is to write them to a text file ... that is what I meant when I made speed comparisons and also 'SQL via ODBC' must be slower than saving an AB 'nosync' array already in memory.