Re: [amibroker] Re: AmiBroker 5.24.0 BETA released

Hello,

Yes calculation of complex formula in one pane and passing to other panes
is the simplest application.

Similar thing is making "complex" indicator re-calculate not with every refresh,
but say only once a minute. The following example shows how to calculate
not more often than 5 seconds

t = GetPerformanceCounter()/1000;

diff = t - Nz( StaticVarGet("lastt") );

RecalcInterval = 5; // re-calculate ONLY every 5 seconds

if( diff < RecalcInterval
    AND Name() == StaticVarGetText("lastname") )
{
   Plot( StaticVarGet("precomputedarray"), "PreComputedArray", colorRed );
}
else
{
   something = MA( C, 10 );
   Plot( something, "FreshCalc", colorBlue );

   StaticVarSet( "lastt", t );
   StaticVarSet( "precomputedarray", something );
   StaticVarSetText( "lastname", Name() );

}

Different way of using it is for example, storing "best" portfolio equity and other
array metrics in the custom backtester and dynamically displaying them during
optimization (to watch "evolution" of best result)

Another possibility is creation of composite indicators in a similar way
as AddToComposite, but faster.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com