[amibroker] FT Monitor/AB Conference

Howard,

Thanks for the confirmation. I was particularly hoping to see a Part II to your workshop, with an emphasis on validation and implementations of money management.

It seams to me that there is very little information available with respect to *portfolio* validation, as opposed to single symbol validation.

Pardo offers his portfolio walk forward efficiency measure. But, it does not differentiate between strategy results and prevailing market trend.

Aronson offers his de-trended market to separate strategy from trend. But, he offers no suggestion on how to apply it to a portfolio. Must we de-trend each symbol's history upon which to apply the respective signals? Or, do we construct a single aggregate history upon which to apply all signals?

Your own text suggests a runs test. But, how does a runs test work against a portfolio EOD strategy with multiple trades on the Open for a given bar? Sequence is everything when doing a runs test. Yet, 3 trades on a single bar might be listed as win, loss, win vs. win, win, loss vs. ... all of which have an impact on the runs analysis.

And yes, I too would be in favor of a dedicated AmiBroker conference.

Mike

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/