[amibroker] Re: backtest question

Personally I've gotten some strange results when using ExRemSpan to
exit, as per the guide.

For example, sometimes, the trading systems won't take the correct
first trade. If I switch to using barssince or an applystop exit, then
the correct first trade is entered at the right time.

Also, if using a high bar number for an exit, then no exits occur,
even though my database has more than enough bars. For example, on
one-minute data that spans several years:

Buy = ExRemSpan( Buy, 750 );
Sell = Ref( Buy, -750 );

I've seen other anomalies that currently escape my memory. But because
of those problems, I've coded exits in other ways.

Has anyone else had problems using ExRemSpan for exits?

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/