[amibroker] Re: AmiBroker speed-up in virtual machine!?!?

Markus
It depends on how much data is being cache, whether Ab needs to go
and retrieve any information. anti-virus, sometimes even scanning
stuff in memory. the most reliable way is to completely de-install
your anti- virus and do the test again. --- In
amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "markhoff" <markhoff@xxx> wrote:

> Hi Tomasz,
>
> during the benchmark I made sure that all data is in the AB cache
(by
> rerunning multiple times, 1st run after AB start is ~30% slower
than
> subsequent runs), therefore anti-virus should not be the reason. I
> just checked this by switching AV off on the native machine, the
> result was the same as before, the VirtualBox is still much
faster. I
> think disk fragmentation is same story, as long as the data is
cached
> it should not have an negative impact ...
>
> Best regards,
> Markus
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@>
wrote:

> > Hello,
> >
> > Disk fragmentation or lack of antivirus on virtual machine.
> > Most probably your virtual machine
> > has been freshly created and the "virtual hard drive" file
> > is not fragmented.
> > Second reason is anti-virus. Antiviruses intercept all file
> > accesses (they hook into system libs)
> > and they are known to slow down file acces
> > as much as 2-3 times.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Tomasz Janeczko
> > amibroker.com