Re: [amibroker] New Laptop

MM --
Assuming that you still have a working AB on another computer (if only on dead laptop, see note below).

First, do a fresh install of AB on your new laptop (using same path structure as on "another computer" for example "program files\amibroker".

Second, copy all of amibroker from "another computer" to your new laptop, overwriting the just installed AB.

That should do it.

Note:  If your only AB is on HD of dead laptop, hopefully its HD is not dead also.  If HD is Ok, remove it from dead laptop and either install in some other computer and copy all of AB to a CD, then to new laptop.  Or install in an external HD case and copy AB to new laptop (then keep the external HD for extra storage).
-- Keith

marketmonk777 wrote:

Hi,

My old laptop died rather suddenly. So now I am a proud new owner of
a Sony laptop with Windows Vista 64.

How do I go about properly installing Amibroker and Amiquote? And
then copying over my database?

Thanks,

MM

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****