[amibroker] Re: AFL loop question

Rich,

Having fun with HTML character code/WordPress conflict.

I added a text file near the top of the post "CurrentPivots".

I will upload AFL (text files) for the other examples later this
weekend.

Right click >> SaveAs or left click to view.

Download files courtesy of Richard Dale, Norgate Investor Services
who offered to host for free so that I don't have to display adds
with the downloads.

Cheers,

Brian.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "richpach2" <richpach2@xxx> wrote:

> Hello Brian,
>
> This is fantastic. I like the idea of counting bars since last
pivot.
> All examples however have small errors (missing operators) and do
not
> compile. Do you mind qualifying these lines;
>
> MPK = PKV2 PKV0 ;//MajorPeak
>
> and
>
> TR = ROC(C,1) 0 ;//TroughRight
>

> Regards
> Richard
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "brian_z111" <brian_z111@> wrote:
> >
> > Hello Rich,
> >
> > I have done this using variations of the code at the bottom of
the
> > Pivots post (not so called 'Pivots' at the top which are really
> > volatility bands).
> >
> > I have quantified ROC(pivots) and identified serial pivots using
> > Valuewhen(Pivot,1) etc.... that was a while ago ... the memory
fades.

> > Note this version is sophisticated enought to 'count'bars with ==
> > lows or highs but I have also used simpler versions with only
three
> > bars that have differential H or L.
> >

> > http://zboard.wordpress.com/
> >

> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "richpach2" <richpach2@> wrote:
> > >
> > > G'Day Graham,
> > >
> > > Thank you for your comprehensive reply. All the rules you have
> > listed
> > > seem logical as a statement. I learn by example so, I need to
> > analyze
> > > a few examples to gain a better understanding of looping
functions.

> > > I am trying to write a code which will detect first higher low
> > trough
> > > after a downtrend move which can be defined as two lower low
troughs
> > > and two lower low peaks. I am not sure if Zig function is best
to do
> > > that. Should I consider loops for this or use existing Zig
function.
> > > I could not locate anything in the library of similar nature
so, I
> > can
> > > use is as an example of such a trend detection pattern.
> > > Are you aware of any existing AFLs which addresses this or
similar
> > > pattern detection?
> > >
> > > Kind Regards
> > > Richard