Re: [amibroker] AFL loop question

As a general rule I use loops when

1. Existing AB functions cannot fulfil requirements.
      eg use of AMA, Zig, Cum, or ApplyStop functions, or one of the
many others available

2. The current bar value of a variable is calculated using the
previous bar value of that same variable.
       eg EMA if that was not already a built in function in AB

3. The value of a variable is determined from a specific occurrence of
a true condition, where that condition can have true values after that
specific occurrence.
       eg trail stop value after Buy signal, that is not one of the
existing ApplyStop function possibilities.
           This could be one that if could write simply would be
HighestSince( Buy, H - ATR( 10 ) ), but this gets reset by any
subsequent buy signals that you may not want to remove
           AB Applystop (ModePoint) currently has 2 possibilities if
my memory is correct, they are
               A: Non-Volatile  HighestSince( Buy, H ) - ValueWhen(
buy, ATR( 10 ) ); and
               B: Volatile        HighestSince( Buy, H ) - ATR( 10 );
           These bits of code would vary if you have a entry delay after signal.

4. Loop through a set number series that have no direct relation to
bar array identification as normally used in bar loops
      eg for( n=1; n<=5; n=n+2 )

5. Probably some others as well, but have written so many cannot
always remember everything.

Hopefully my examples of code above are correct, I just typed them
into here from my poor memory

--
Cheers
Graham Kav