[amibroker] Re: Blank Space in AmiBroker 5.21.0 BETA

Why not make it chart specific...? Under 'Axes & Grid' for example...?

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@xxx> wrote:

> Re: [amibroker] Blank Space in AmiBroker 5.21.0 BETAHello,
>
> To restore default - simply change the symbol.
>
> It can not be pane-specific because multiple panes within one window
share the same scrollbar,
> plus same bar within same window need to line up with other panes,
otherwise
> vertical selector line would not work any more.
> The scrollbar belongs to chart window, so it is window specific.
>
> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com

SetOption("BlankBars",n) that is pane-specific? If users want to
control it from the chart they can use a Param().

>   I think I read some ramblings about this topic before, sorry if i
repeat things. Just too many emails and not enough time...

>   herman
>

>   Sunday, February 15, 2009, 8:02:53 AM, you wrote:
>

>         >
>        I have rouble with the blank spaces... it seems i can
increase them, but not decrease them, and cannot click them back to
their default. To get my default I have to change ticker. I obviously
misunderstand plain English or some critical points are missing. Could
someone please tell me in simple steps what this means:

>         "Blank area past last available quote can be now enlarged on
the fly by simply using > arrow in the scroll bar (and do what?) or
using mouse wheel (just roll the wheel past the last bar (this scrolls
the chart...)"

>         Is there a way to restore defaults?
>

>         Please tell it to me me as if I were a 3-year old ;-)
>

>         thanks,
>
>         herman
>

>         Friday, February 13, 2009, 3:25:14 PM, you wrote:
>

>               >
>              Hello,
>

>               Thank you very much for your detailed and constructive
feedback. It is appreciated.

>               As for +/-10 layers - I would need to check if this
would not degrade performance plus I am not sure if having 20 options

>               in the Format->Z-order menu would be pleasing to the
eye, but anyway that will be considered.

>               Rectangle/ellipse fill color - yes it is blend of
background and study color at the time of creation of the study.
Subsequent changes

>               of background color don't affect already drawn studies.
>

>               Blank space - yes it gets reset once you switch to
different symbol and yes it is so to enable you actually go back

>               to "normal" once large space is no longer needed. I
also was thinking about checkbox to switch this off because

>               as history teaches not everyone likes the changes, but
your suggestion of adding "maximum" setting is

>               even better. Anyway I was just thinking that
on-the-fly extension is nice to have because it saves a lot of mouse
clicks

>               (instead of going to Preferences over and over again).
>
>               As for "pixel" dimension - I am not big fan of that as
that would generate lot of headache when coding as charts and scroll
bar logic is based

>               on bars everywhere in the program as "pixel" is not
relevant and changes pretty often (zoom, printing, copy image,
metafile output

>               - all these have completely different DPI).
>
>               Anyway, something to think over.
>

>               Best regards,
>
>               Tomasz Janeczko
>
>               amibroker.com

capabilities.  I have much praise and also some other feedback from my
first hour of use and adding the new AFL features to my program already.

>               . X-Y co-ordinate labels on axes implemented. Can be
controlled using View->X-Y labels menu.

>               This is great!  I can now ditch the one I just
finished writing -- LOL!  Yours is much better.  I like the shadow
effect to make it stand out better.

>               . Plot, PlotForeign and PlotOHLC now have new
parameter zorder which defines the Z-axis position of given plot

>               . All drawing tools now can define Z-order (from -5 to
+5).

>               This is great, but it would be even better if it were
-10 to +10 layers, though I could get by with 8.  5 are enough layers
for groups of plots, but not quite enough for my individual plots, so
I still have to break my plotting routines from my modular function
generation code.  With 10 layers above and below, I could have enough
layers to make my functions truly modular.

>               I absolutely love that the default study lines are
below the Gfx plots.  My studies no longer obscure my on-chart button
arrays and information tables.

>               . new AFL functions ColorBlend
>

>               This is great!  A way to select colors by stepping
through values in a way that makes sense to the eye.  I will have to
think of a way to include this in my charts.

>               . Rectangle and Ellipse drawing tool now are by
default SOLID, with default fill color being a blend between
background and selected drawing color, they are use ZOrder = -1
(behind regular plots) by default

>               This is a great improvement!  Though I must not
understand what you mean by blend between the background.  I changed
chart background colors and it did not change the color of the oval I
was testing...  Wait, I just figured it out.  It uses the color of the
background when you create the object only and does not change it
dynamically after that.

>               . Blank area past last available quote can be now
enlarged on the fly by simply using > arrow in the scroll bar or using
mouse wheel

>               This one is causing me some difficulties.  I both love
it and hate it.

>               I love that I can increase the space easily.
>
>               I hate that it has no limits and once increased, it
becomes the new default for the position thumb all the way to the right.

>               I hate that if the symbol is switched, it does not
remember what it was last set to, though that seems to be the only way
to reset it back to the default.

>               If I want to increase the space, it is usually to a
constant PIXELs of blank space so that I can fit objects that are
pixel based to the right of the chart in the blank area.  So being
able to increase the blank area if I am zooming out to many bars is a
good thing.

>               However, I very often use the scroll wheel to move
back an forth in the chart during real time trading.  I move left to
see some last support level for setting a study point, then I give the
scroll wheel a quick zip to get back to the right default position
again for trading the current bar.  With this new mode, I zip right
past all the bars to a blank chart and am lost in white space.

>               So this feature is causing me more problems than not
having it at all.  I don't really need the ability to add unlimited
white space.

>               What I need is one of the following:
>

>               1a A way to turn this feature off, or
>
>               1b A maximum amount of white space preference that the
scroll wheel can't exceed -- preferably with either bars or pixels
options.

>               1a A way to turn this feature off, and
>
>               2b A preferences checkbox that allows pixels rather
than bars of default white space, or

http://www.amibroker.com/devlog/2009/02/13/amibroker-5210-beta-released/

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/