[amibroker] Disappearing Templates Layouts

I'm looking to solve a problem with the Layouts/Templates. It seems
that when I make changes to my workspace they do not keep. I'll save
them to the local 'default' layout. I'll also save them to the Global
Default layout. When I open AB the next day, one of a few things can
have happened:

1. The layout reverts to an old layout, from months ago. This includes
lacking changes to panes AND indicator settings.

2. The parameter settings have reverted to the defaults in the
indicator files rather than the custom settings I had saved (colors,
param values).

I've searched the AB files and found various locations in which the
layout files are stored (*.cht, *.awl, *.aly). If I could save these a
seperate PANES I could easily rebuild the files. Having to use
Indicators all over again, is a chore.

If you've had this problem or know of possible solutions please let me
know.

**** IMPORTANT ****