Re: [amibroker] Re: How do I sort the WatchLists names (not the names in a watchlist) ?

gmorlosky,    May I ask why you want to resort the watchlists?   It is my understanding that each watchlist is internally named "List xx" and that Amibroker looks at the watchlist number and not any user assigned name.

You could have code that states:   if(InWatchlist(36); ..... code to perform logic follows on additional lines

or you could have this code which will add a symbold to a watchlist -

// ------------------ Watchlist Section --------------------------
Add = IIF( WLF == 1, Filter,  0);             // checks to see if Watchlist Flag is set to a 1 in the parameters window
if ( LastValue ( Add ) )
{ CatagoryAddSymbol( "", catagoryWatchlist, WLN ); }    //  adds symbol to Watchlist # set in the parameters window
// -----------------------------------------------------------------------
(don't ask me to explain exactly how the code above works.  I just know it does and use it extensively, lol.)
My questions to you and the group are:
1) Does Amibroker still work the same way in that it only looks at Watchlists by number?
2) Or am I wrong in that we can specify in our code a Watchlist Name?

TJ expanded the number of watchlists that Amibroker supports from 64 to unlimited.  That was a nice improvement and very much appreciated.   With so many watchlists now I have had the urge to resort them but don't believe I can because of the way I also use code to manipulate many of these same watchlists.

So if my understanding is correct, then this could serve as a heads up to all that plan to create a lot of watchlists.

MM

**** IMPORTANT ****