Re: [amibroker] Re: forex - mini lots

gabriel_id@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
@Aron,

can u tell me..  why its -1 at MarginDeposit ?

-1 its equivalent with 1% margin ?

Thx

Yes, negative sign means percent, but it looks like it works only if you set your position size in units:

SetPositionSize( 10000, spsShares ); // 10,000 EUR
MarginDeposit = -1;

MarginDeposit used to be a scalar not an array so you could not chage it per trade basis.
Some times ago in a reply in the feedback centre regarding margindeposit Tomasz anounced that from that moment on margin deposit would be an array
so you could do stuff like:

lotsize = 100000;
leverage = 100;
PointValue = lotsize;
MarginDeposit = Close * lotsize / leverage;

But I'm not sure why it still does not change per trade bases.

The best solution I found is setting it through custom backtester:

SetCustomBacktestProc("");

if ( Status( "action" ) == actionPortfolio )
{
    bo =
GetBacktesterObject();
    bo.PreProcess();

for ( bar = 0; bar < BarCount; bar++ )
    {

for ( sig = bo.GetFirstSignal(bar); sig; sig = bo.GetNextSignal(bar) )
        {

if(sig.isEntry())
         {
            sig.pointvalue =
10000; // 10,000 lotsize
            sig.margindeposit =
sig.pointvalue * sig.price / 100; // leverage 1:100
         }

        }

        bo.ProcessTradeSignals( bar );
    }