[amibroker] Simulate "on bar close" event

Hi,

I'd like to simulate an OnBarClose kind of event. For 1m bars, it works pretty easily. I use code similar to the following

RequestTimeRefresh(1);

function GetSecondNum()
{
 Time   = Now(4);
 Seconds  = int(Time%100);
 Minutes  = int(Time/100%100);
 Hours  = int(Time/10000%100);
 SecondNum= int(Hours*60*60+Minutes*60+Seconds);
 return SecondNum;
}

if (frac(GetSecondNum()/60)==0) {
 _TRACE("End of minute bar");
}

You can replcae the _Trace() statement with whatever you'd like to do at the very end of the bar. The function GetSecondNum() came from the library and I believe the author is Herman (tyring to give credit where credit is due :)

However, this doesn't work for tick charts. I tried being clever by using a static var to hold LastValue(BarIndex()) and check it against the current BarIndex() -- alas, it seems that if my RT database holds 20000 bars and I have 20000 bars loaded, the last value of Barindex() is always 19,999 -- at least that is what I get in _Trace() bar after bar.

If anyone knows of a way to capture the close of a tick bar, that would be very useful information. Meanwhile, I hope the onbarclose-like event for minute bars (and longer) is useful to someone.

Regards,

Gordon

**** IMPORTANT ****