[amibroker] Re: How to send a Trailing stop order to IB with amibroker

I really don't know if you can use a percentage number on the IBC
interface or not. I looked at TWS and you can use a % Trail order
there. Many on-line brokerages allow this. If you can set the IBC
order to use a % number I don't know how. But what I wrote will work
and TWS will allow you to use a stop amount in the trail.

I suggest you ask this on the AmiBroker-AT forum or send a note to AB
support.

Sorry for the misdirection,
Barry

 --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "guhu0434" <g.h.h@xxx> wrote:

> Thank you Barry, I will have a look.
>
> As I understand, i cannot send the order directly, since it is
> impossible to send a trail order with %.
>
> With regards, GuHu
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Barry Scarborough" <razzbarry@>
> wrote:
> >
> > There are a couple of ways to do this.
> >
> > 1. Send and order. In your code monitor for the fill. Then get
the
> > the fill price. Then send a trailing order 15% above or below the
> > fill price, i.e. stop price = trade price * 1.15 for short
> positions
> > or trade price * 0.85 for long positions.
> >
> > 2. Send a bracket order with the buy or sell order as a SPT order
> > with the stop price and then send a bracket trail with the stop
set
> > 15% away from the buy STP price as above for long or short
> positions.
> >
> > I put some code in the AFL library. Search the AFL lib using
Author

**** IMPORTANT ****