[amibroker] Re: PairTrading on Amibroker +rotational

Hi,

I was thinking you could have a system using rotational trading which
trades pairs with highest absolute value of correlation
(score=abs(correlate(a,b)) and then calculate the coefficients of the
pair using the linear fitting function y=a x+ b which comes with AB.
One way to do it it would be to create a ticker for each pair
correlation so you can rank them at each bar, or send data to an
external statistical software to calculate the correlation matrix and
extract the highest absolute value entries.

Backtesting at portfolio level a list of symbols would allow you to
automatically identify best pairs and coefficients bar by bar.

High linear correlation imply a relation like y=a x+b but from a
rigorous statistical point of view I am not sure it is really
equivalent to co-integration test,and in any case it just works for
pair and not for n symbols cointegration, so the best way to identify
pair or n-vectors would still be to run some real co-integration test.

Merci
Ly

**** IMPORTANT ****