[amibroker] Re: OLE Automation with Java or Groovy

Likewise, thanks for the link.

Given the choice between the two; One thing to keep in mind is that
java avails full blown IDE editing/debugging, whereas groovy does not.

That alone would probably have been enough to push me to java/JACOB
instead of groovy/JACOB. My existing java experience only made the
decision that much easier.

Mike

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Steve Davis" <_sdavis@xxx> wrote:

> Thanks Mike. I bookmarked the link. I'm also considering the
> Groovy/Scriptom approach because of the simplified syntax. Not sure
> about Groovy's robustness for an ATS application -- which is why I
am
> doing this. I'm just exploring possibilities at this point.
>
> http://groovy.codehaus.org/COM+Scripting
>
> -Steve
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Mike" <sfclimbers@> wrote:
> >
> > I'm at the office right now, so don't have access to a live
sample.
> > But, you can have a look at JACOB for late binding and com4j for
early
> > binding.
> >
> > Based on Tomasz's comments on an earlier thread, you should
probably
> > take the JACOB (late binding) route, though the com4j would seem
far
> > more natural to a java programmer.
> >
> > For communicating directly with DLLs, I've also found JNA to be
> > excellent and well supported through the user mailing list.
> >
> > All 3 are summarised here:
> > http://javabyexample.wisdomplug.com/java-concepts/34-core-java/70-
> > invoking-win32-api-and-activex-components-com-dlls-from-java-
ii.html

> > Mike
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Steve Davis" <_sdavis@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Does anyone have example code showing how to control AB with
Java or

**** IMPORTANT ****