Re: [amibroker] Re: Using Optimizer with PositionScore=Random()

Hi Curt --

From your original posting, I assumed you got many signals simultaneously for execution simultaneously -- such as signals after the close of the day for entry at the market at the next open.

You only need to break ties when all of the following are true:
You get multiple simultaneous signals
The entries for those signals are simultaneous
You do not have enough money to take all the signals

If your signals are not coming simultaneously, but throughout the day, you can use intraday data for testing.  If your signals are coming simultaneously, but with entries that are not simultaneous, as with limit or stop entry prices, intraday data can be used to test these also.

Thanks,
Howard