[amibroker] Re: How to force Backtester to Calculate Position Size on Open Price?

Tomasz,

Thanks for the reply, but I *did* read the manual and *did* set the
buyprice reserved variables, etc. (all to OPEN), and yet the
backtester is still using CLOSE for position value calculations.

Hence I posted the question.

So either this is a bug or there is some other setting which is
overriding both my AA settings and reserved variable settings. I can't
seem to find any such setting error, so at this point I am thinking
it's a bug.

Is it?

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@xxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> When everything fails consult..... the manual:
>
> http://www.amibroker.com/guide/h_backtest.html

> "Controlling trade price
>
> AmiBroker now provides 4 new reserved variables for specifying the
price at which buy, sell, short and cover orders are executed.
> These arrays have the following names: buyprice, sellprice,
shortprice and coverprice.

> The main application of these variables is controlling trade price:
>
> BuyPrice = IIF( dayofweek() == 1, HIGH, CLOSE );
> // on monday buy at high, otherwise buy on close
>
> So you can write the following to simulate real stop-orders:
>
> BuyStop = ... the formula for buy stop level;
> SellStop = ... the formula for sell stop level;
>
> // if anytime during the day prices rise above buystop level
(high>buystop)
> // the buy order takes place (at buystop or low whichever is higher)
> Buy = Cross( High, BuyStop );
>
> // if anytime during the day prices fall below sellprice level ( low
< sellstop )
> // the sell order takes place (at sellstop or high whichever is lower)
> Sell = Cross( SellPrice, SellStop);
>
> BuyPrice = max( BuyStop, Low ); // make sure buy price not less than Low
> SellPrice = min( SellStop, High ); // make sure sell price not
greater than High

> Please note that AmiBroker presets buyprice, sellprice, shortprice
and coverprice array variables with the values defined in system
> test settings window (shown below), so you can but don't need to
define them in your formula. If you don't define them AmiBroker
> works as in the old versions.
>
> During back-testing AmiBroker will check if the values you assigned
to buyprice, sellprice, shortprice, coverprice fit into high-low
> range of given bar. If not, AmiBroker will adjust it to high price
(if price array value is higher than high) or to the low price
> (if price array value is lower than low)"
>
> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com
Position Size on Open Price?