[amibroker] Re: IB-Amibroker reat-time data question

Hi,  TJ

Would you kindly confirm the excecution speed/frequency of AFL  ? Does
it process every incoming tick ?

Meanwhiles , I have attached below a compilation of IB data feed I
found on ET BBS,  maybe not accurate, anyone please point out if the
truth is different.

cheers/ Huanyan

IB DATA

IB is now providing a combination of real-time and delayed data. The
real-time data serves a different purpose than the delayed data.

1--real-time data

snapshot...it is a photograph of the current situation. Your TWS-sheet-
page, is stored on the IB-server, and all quotes are streaming in
realtime from the exchanges to those in-core pages..but are not
transported in realtime..they are updated in realtime only in Server-
core...then when it is YOUR turn to take a snapshot (once every 1/3
second) it will take a snapshot of changed fields (compared to
the previous snapshot 1/3 second ago)..and ONLY that will be transported
to your PC...

It just pass the change of last price (C), it may miss the high and low.
Why ? If the price goes higher/lower and then retrace and a snapshot is
made, it just reflects the close without the high/low. So if it happens
to be the final high/low of the intraday bar, the high/low will vary.

The purpose of IB's real-time data snapshots, occuring a few times per
second, will be to indicate the market's present level, without any
delay,unless you consider a small fraction of a second a delay. This
is an edge when in a fast-moving market, when IB data will only show that
0.2-0.3 second delay while real tick data providers (like Esignal ) will
have 2-5 seconds delay.

2--Delayed data

Starting with TWS version 866, the charts are receiving the 5-second bar
data from the IB servers, the calculation of the 5-second bars have
include every tick, so the TWS charts
should never miss high or low of the day and the bar volume displayed
should be 100% accurate. Third-party applications also have access to
this accurate 5-second bar feed.

The purpose of the 5 second bars, which are delayed instead of real-
time, is to ensure that charts can be constructed without missing any
ticks. This is needed because IB's real-time data are sampled a few

times per second, which sometimes misses highest or lowest values
occuring in between snapshots. So this 5-second delayed data can also be
seen as a calibration of the realtime snapshot data

**** IMPORTANT ****