Re: [amibroker] OT - Van Tharp Book

Thanks Howard, much appreciated - I would like to get a glimpse of your library!   8 - )

Steve
----- Original Message -----
From: Howard B
Sent: Sunday, January 18, 2009 8:32 PM
Subject: Re: [amibroker] OT - Van Tharp Book

Hi Steve --

I have read it.  There is some overlap between the content of this book and Tharp's earlier book, Trade Your Way to Financial Freedom.  And a lot of the material in Definitive Guide can be found in Ralph Vince's four books, as well as other books on trading, position sizing, and risk.  But there is some new material, and some thought-provoking comments about risk and position sizing.

You can read the entire Table of Contents and Preface here:
http://www.iitm.com/Table-of-Contents-Definitive-Guide.pdf

I get most of the trading books that are published.  I keep some and return or sell some.  I paid retail price for my copy, and I'll keep this one.  The biggest drawback is the high price (about $145).  And shipping is apparently handled by a contract agent who charges way too much (about $15) for service that is not very fast.

Thanks,
Howard