[amibroker] Re: How NOT to show all the built-in metrics in the backtester?

IMO, there's more than one way to look at this.

An alternative choice would be to have the display of columns
specified in a simple text or .csv config file which is parsed by AB.

The default layout could be exactly as now, providing no change or
addition problems for "beginners".

Those who want to squelch some or all columns, or adjust their widths,
could simply edit the config file.

Flexibility does not have to be implemented the hard way.  Quite the
opposite.  In general, I'd advocate in favor of flexibility,
implemented as simply as possible.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@xxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> "that no columns be displayed by default, and that the all columns
and their widths be specified programmatically and/or in a settings page."

> Since there are 46 build in stats, implementing your idea means 46
new checkboxes
> and 46 edit fields (to define widths)
>
> That's 92 new controls (to be placed on dialogs, docs and so on).
>
> More settings -> more problems for beginners -> Lower sales. Plus
more support
> (every beginner asking "where is K-ratio", and "why there are no
metrics produced?"
> and "why there are so few metrics?")
>
> From my perspective it would not be improvement. Just the opposite.
>
> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com

extra columns than to learn how OLE works.

>   I believe, long ago, before the suggestion page was implemented on
AB site, that I suggested to TJ that no columns be displayed by
default, and that the all columns and their widths be specified
programmatically and/or in a settings page.  Obviously the suggestion
was not implemented.  IMHO, it would be a significant improvement over
the present system.

>   I did get your previous response.  But I understand your concern.
 I had to post my request three times before it finally went through.
 My two others were on 1/14, 1:04am and 1/16, 1:39am.  Just recently
these were finally delivered.  Yahoogroups can be unbelievably slow at
times.

**** IMPORTANT ****