Re[2]: [amibroker] Re: PairTrading on Amibroker

Title: Re[2]: [amibroker] Re: PairTrading on Amibroker

Please see the help on System test settings window:

Pad and align to reference symbol

When this is turned on, all symbols' quotes are padded and aligned to reference symbol. Note: by default this setting is OFF. Use responsibly. It may slow down backtest/exploration/scan and introduce some slight changes to indicator values when your data has holes and holes are filled with previous bar data. The feature is intended to be used when your system uses general market timing (generates global signals based on data and/or indicators calculated using Foreign from 'reference' symbol) or when you are creating composites out of unaligned data. Note: if reference symbol does not exist, data won't be padded.

best regards,

herman

Hi Herman

Not sure if I have get the meaning of "padded data".

Say two symbols in a pair are not traded in the same exchange, and since each exchange has its own trading calendar. So on some days , not both symbols are traded. If this thing happens a lot, then there will be a lot of padded data , and I guess if you export the data into excel and delete data of those days when only symbol is traded, you can have a more accurate correlation number . Is my understanding right ?

thanks / hunayan