[amibroker] Re: Getting Portfolio and Single Symbol Equity to match

Another question, this one on the individual equity plot one gets by
choosing that from the equity button drop down. I never actually
bothered plotting this before, always just went off of raw numbers in
the report.

But what exactly is the "Buy & Hold" plot? The reference manual makes
several reference to Buy & Hold strategy but I could not find anywhere
where it was actually defined.

If, for example, I backtest from 1/1/2006 to 1/1/2007, my equity curve
fluctuates from $100,000 to an end result of $99,142 (testing on Forex
EURUSD). During that same period, the Buy & Hold plot goes from
$100,000 to $643,426! Ok. I want summa that!

When is it buying, and for how long is it holding? Where is this
strategy defined, and what is the purpose of plotting it relative the
trading system equity curve?

**** IMPORTANT ****