[amibroker] New to AmiBroker - First questions

Hello everyone. I'm brand new to AmiBroker and trading system
development. I am reading Dr. Bandy's book, Quantitative Trading
Systems and have found it very helpful. I was going to get setup with
TradeStation until I discovered AmiBroker. My first qusestion is, how
do I go about developing a trading system that works? Do I just pick
random indicators or test those I read about? According to Dr. Bandy,
any decent system that has been in play for a while eventually becomes
non-profitable. I can imagine no one with a working system is going to
want to share it? How many people here are actually trading with a
system that beats the market? How long to systems typically last
before the fail? Who do you recommend for data feed?

I'm sure I'll have more questions and thank you in advance for the
help to a newbie!

Link

**** IMPORTANT ****