Re: Re[2]: [amibroker] [OT] Secure groups for development and trading

You just don't anyone to see what you look like...   8-)

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 5:15 PM, Herman <psytek@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

My particular interest is not necessarily live communication, in fact live interaction if often very intrusive. Video conferencing and other live interaction is better suited for business meetings and/or tutorial meetings. IMO, all this live stuff is, for most of us, a bit of a fad and doesn't always streamline or make communication more effective.

When a group's primary objective is to auto trade global markets there is little need to conduct live trading sessions. It is much more important to streamline development across time zones, have effective communication and archiving, and file/graphics sharing. In an international trader's group members will become active as the sun rises and members must be able to catch up with what other members have been doing while they were asleep. Members may trade in overlapping cycles or time zones, some group trading activities may cover multiple markets on a globally rotating basis. Today, with suitable tools,  Trading groups can be active 24 hours a day.

This newway of system development and trading calls for new and different tools - I am not sure what is available or what features are out there. This is the reason for my rather general inquiry. A Yahoo type forum could have worked but when you are dealing with trading systems and financial matters it doesn't have the security one needs.

herman

Free for up to 3 people at a time.